FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8, 2016
Contact: Ilene Greenfield
Director of Media Relations
973-278-5400, ext. 1-5122
WARREN COUNTY GRADUATES RECEIVE DIPLOMAS
Graduates from Warren County, NJ, were awarded diplomas at the 2016 Berkeley College Commencement ceremony, held on April 29, 2016, at Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. The graduating class included 140 military and veteran students and 200 international students. More than 800 students graduated with honors and nearly 400 students earned their degrees online.
“We live in a time where there are many great needs,” Michael J. Smith, President of Berkeley College, told the graduates. “There are people who can use our help – who can use your help. The universe is waiting for all your great works. I’m counting on each and every one of you to make good things happen.”
The following students from Warren County received diplomas:
- Cassidy Baker* of Blairstown, Associate in Applied Science in Health Sciences
- Amanda Bordi of Hackettstown, Medical Assistant Certificate and Associate in Applied Science in Medical Assistant
- Bretisha Cortes of Washington, Patient Care Technician Certificate
- Jessica Galione of Blairstown, Medical Assistant Certificate
- Donald Henry* of Washington, Bachelor of Science in Marketing Communications
- Jessica Imhoff of Hackettstown, Patient Care Technician Certificate
- Corrin Martin of Belvidere, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Jamie O’Mara* of Hackettstown, Associate in Applied Science in Medical Assistant
- Khadijah Pinckney of Hackettstown, Practical Nurse Certificate
- Melissa Scarangella* of Hackettstown, Surgical Processing Technician Certificate
- Lisa Wolfe* of Great Meadows, Associate in Applied Science in Surgical Technology
In honor of the College’s 85th anniversary year, Mildred García, EdD, President of California State University, Fullerton, delivered the Commencement Address. Dr. García served as the first system-wide president of Berkeley College from 2001 through 2007.
* Denotes students graduating with honors
A leader in providing career-focused education since 1931, Berkeley College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and enrolls approximately 8,300 students – including more than 700 international students – in its Baccalaureate and Associate degree and Certificate programs. Students can study in more than 20 career fields. Berkeley College is comprised of the Larry L. Luing School of Business®, the School of Professional Studies, the School of Health Studies, and the School of Liberal Arts. The School of Graduate Studies offers a Master of Business Administration degree in Management online and in Woodland Park, NJ.
Berkeley College has five New Jersey campuses – Dover, Newark, Paramus, Woodbridge and Woodland Park. In New York there are three campuses – Midtown Manhattan, Brooklyn and White Plains. Berkeley College Online® serves a global population. In 2016, U.S. News & World Report named Berkeley College among the Best Colleges for Online Bachelor’s Programs and among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs for Veterans, both for the third consecutive year. The website address is www.BerkeleyCollege.edu.
- end -To view the press release in the News Room click here.