FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MONDAY, JULY 1, 2018
Contact: Ilene Greenfield
Media Relations Director
973-278-5400, Ext. 1-5122
SUSSEX COUNTY GRADUATES RECEIVE DIPLOMAS
Graduates from Sussex County, NJ, were awarded diplomas at the 2019 Berkeley College Commencement ceremony, held on May 10, 2019, at Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. The average age of the Berkeley College undergraduate receiving an award is 28 years. Just under 39 percent of the graduates entered Berkeley as first time, full-time students; and 84 percent identify as minorities.
“Every one of us at the Berkeley College Commencement ceremony shared the pride of these graduates because we know the difference a college degree will make in their futures, and how the upward mobility of these graduates will impact future generations,” said Michael J. Smith, President of Berkeley College.
The following graduates from Sussex County were awarded diplomas from Berkeley College:
- Kelly Carlon* of Hopatcong, Master of Business Administration in Management
- Amanda DeTroy of Stanhope, Medical Assistant Certificate
- Desiree DiGiuseppe* of Sparta, Bachelor of Business Administration – Health Services Management
- Thomas Gerbasio* of Vernon, Bachelor of Fine Arts – Graphic Design
- Leanne Grant of Stanhope, Associate in Applied Science – Surgical Technology
- Ashley Gresik of Newton, Practical Nurse Certificate
- Michael Hyjeck of Highland Lakes, Bachelor of Business Administration – Management
- Fazile Karadavut of Sussex, Associate in Applied Science – Interior Design
- Melinda Kiss* of Stanhope, Bachelor of Business Administration - Accounting
- Kevin Lemaire of Vernon, Bachelor of Business Administration – Accounting
- Randy Letelier of Ogdensburg, Bachelor of Science – Justice Studies - Criminal Justice
- Gabriella Nelson of Hopatcong, Medical Assistant Certificate
- Briana Norman of Newton, Medical Assistant Certificate
- Zita Quezada of Stanhope, Master of Business Administration in Management
- Joseline Rivas of Sparta, Medical Assistant Certificate
- Elizabeth Sember* of Sparta, Associate in Applied Science – Legal Studies
- Georgie Smith of Sussex, Practical Nurse Certificate
- Jaqueline Steele-Burgess of Lafayette, Bachelor of Business Administration – Fashion Merchandising and Management
- Amanda Toth of Sussex, Medical Assistant Certificate
The Berkeley College Class of 2019 reflects a diverse population from all walks of life. Many are the first in their families to earn college degrees. Others are not native English-speaking.
A leader in providing career-focused education since 1931, Berkeley College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and enrolls more than 7,000 students – including more than 350 international students – in its Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degree and Certificate programs. Students can study in more than 20 career fields. Berkeley College is comprised of the Larry L. Luing School of Business®, the School of Professional Studies, the School of Health Studies and the School of Liberal Arts. The School of Graduate Studies offers an MBA in Management online and in Woodland Park, NJ.
Berkeley College has four New Jersey campuses – Newark, Paramus, Woodbridge and Woodland Park. In New York there are three campuses – Midtown Manhattan, Brooklyn and White Plains. Berkeley College Online® serves a global population. For five consecutive years, U.S. News & World Report has named Berkeley College among the Best Colleges for Online Bachelor’s Programs and among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs for Veterans. The website address is www.BerkeleyCollege.edu.
- end -
* Denotes students graduating with honors