FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MONDAY, JULY 8, 2019
Contact: Ilene Greenfield
Director of Media Relations
973-278-5400, ext. 1-5122
SUFFOLK COUNTY GRADUATES RECEIVE DIPLOMAS
Graduates from Suffolk County, NY, were awarded diplomas at the 2019 Berkeley College Commencement ceremony, held on May 10, 2019, at Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. The average age of the Berkeley College undergraduate receiving an award is 28 years. Just under 39 percent of the graduates entered Berkeley as first time, full-time students; and 84 percent identify as minorities.
“Every one of us at the Berkeley College Commencement ceremony shared the pride of these graduates because we know the difference a college degree will make in their futures, and how the upward mobility of these graduates will impact future generations,” said Michael J. Smith, President of Berkeley College.
The following graduates from Suffolk County were awarded diplomas from Berkeley College:
- Darisa Almonte of Copiague, Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
- Emahri Carpenter of Brentwood, Bachelor of Business Administration in Business Administration – Management
- Qiuyi Chen of Oakdale, Bachelor of Business Administration in Business Administration – Management
- Daphne Dumarsais* of Lindenhurst, Associate in Applied Science in Health Services Administration
- Gina Intini* of Selden, Bachelor of Business Administration in Business Administration – Management
- Alexandra King* of Centereach, Bachelor of Business Administration in Fashion Merchandising and Management
- Agatha Louis of Central Islip, Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies
- Ali Naqvi of East Patchogue, Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
- Karen Reyes+ of Lindenhurst, Bachelor of Business Administration in Business Administration – Management
- Erika Tejada of Lindenhurst, Bachelor of Business Administration in Fashion Merchandising and Management
- Bianca Lotoyha Villiere of Brentwood, Associate in Applied Science in Health Services Administration
The Berkeley College Class of 2019 reflects a diverse population from all walks of life. Many are the first in their families to earn college degrees. Others are not native English-speaking.
A leader in providing career-focused education since 1931, Berkeley College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and enrolls more than 7,000 students – including more than 350 international students – in its Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degree and Certificate programs. Students can study in more than 20 career fields. Berkeley College is comprised of the Larry L. Luing School of Business®, the School of Professional Studies, the School of Health Studies and the School of Liberal Arts. The School of Graduate Studies offers an MBA in Management online and in Woodland Park, NJ.
Berkeley College has three New York campuses – Midtown Manhattan, Brooklyn and White Plains. In New Jersey there are four campuses – Newark, Paramus, Woodbridge and Woodland Park. Berkeley College Online® serves a global population. For six consecutive years, U.S. News & World Report has named Berkeley College among the Best Colleges for Online Bachelor’s Programs and among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs for Veterans. The website address is www.BerkeleyCollege.edu.
- end -
* Denotes students graduating with honors
+ Denotes graduate of the Honors Program, a selective, interdisciplinary and seminar-based educational opportunity offered to a limited number of high-achieving students.