FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TUESDAY, MARCH 14, 2017
Contact: Ilene Greenfield
Director of Media Relations
973-278-5400, ext. 1-5122
STATEN ISLAND HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS
High school students from Staten Island in Richmond County, NY, have received scholarships to attend Berkeley College. Each year, these scholarships are awarded to high school seniors who demonstrate a high level of achievement. The scholarships are renewable, based on the recipient’s cumulative grade point average at the end of each academic year and continued enrollment as a full-time student.
“We are very proud of the achievements of these high school students,” said Michael J. Smith, President of Berkeley College. “Supported by their families and schools, they have taken the first important steps on the path toward success. We are counting on these students to make the most of every opportunity to advance their futures through higher education.”
The following students have received scholarships to attend Berkeley College:
- Nathalia Aracena-Peralta, New Dorp High School
- Ashley Caba, New Dorp High School
- Brandon Calle, Curtis High School
- Noelle Cianciotta, St. John Villa Academy
- Ashley Davis, Ralph R. McKee Career and Technical Education High School
- Daniel Erwin, Tottenville High School
- Tianna Fields, Curtis High School
- Yessica Flores, Port Richmond High School
- Kevin Hine, Tottenville High School
- Frank Levko, New Dorp High School
- Katherine Libertelli, Notre Dame Academy
- Jenna Mansour, The Churchill School and Center
- Juliea Saliu, Susan E. Wagner High School
- Alanna Saponaro, St. Joseph by-the-Sea High School
- Ashley Sealey, Susan E. Wagner High School
A leader in providing career-focused education since 1931, Berkeley College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and enrolls more than 8,000 students – including more than 550 international students – in its Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degree and Certificate programs. Students can study in more than 20 career fields. Berkeley College is comprised of the Larry L. Luing School of Business®, the School of Professional Studies, the School of Health Studies and the School of Liberal Arts. The School of Graduate Studies offers an MBA in Management online and in Woodland Park, NJ.
Berkeley College has three New York campuses – Midtown Manhattan, Brooklyn and White Plains. In New Jersey there are five campuses – Dover, Newark, Paramus, Woodbridge and Woodland Park. Berkeley College Online® serves a global population. For four consecutive years, U.S. News & World Report has named Berkeley College among the Best Colleges for Online Bachelor’s Programs and among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs for Veterans. The website address is www.BerkeleyCollege.edu.
Photo Caption (L to R): Students Kevin Hine and Daniel Erwin; Mahogany Calizaire, Associate, High School Admissions, Berkeley College; and students Frank Levko and Ashley Davis. The students, all of Staten Island, received scholarships to attend Berkeley College.
- end -
To view a high-resolution version of the photo, visithttp://berkeleycollege.edu/press_release_images/NYC_StatenIsland_012017.jpg