FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 20, 2018
Contact: Ilene Greenfield
Director of Media Relations
973-278-5400, ext. 1-5122
ROCKAWAY GRADUATES RECEIVE DIPLOMAS
“Know that the future isn’t written for us. The future is written by us,” said Michael J. Smith, President of Berkeley College. “In your heart, you truly need to understand that the only person you are destined to become … is the person that you decide to be.”
The following graduates from Rockaway were awarded diplomas from Berkeley College:
- Patricia D. Barker* of Far Rockaway, Associate in Applied Science in Health Services Administration
- Keyshana Brown of Far Rockaway, Associate in Applied Science in Health Services Administration
- Kristen Bryant of Far Rockaway, Associate in Applied Science in Justice Studies – Criminal Justice
- Zumu Das of Far Rockaway, Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
- Stephan Dunlop of Far Rockaway, Bachelor of Business Administration in Fashion Merchandising and Management
- Susan Ferris of Broad Channel, Associate in Applied Science in Justice Studies – Criminal Justice
- Jahnna Johnson of Far Rockaway, Associate in Applied Science in Fashion Merchandising and Management
- Hiralda Munoz of Far Rockaway, Bachelor of Business Administration in Health Services Management
- Jamella Palma of Arverne, Bachelor of Business Administration in Fashion Merchandising and Management
- Diana Rendon of Rockaway Beach, Bachelor of Business Administration in Fashion Merchandising and Management
The Berkeley College Class of 2018 reflects a diverse population from all walks of life. Many are the first in their families to earn college degrees. Others are not native English-speaking. The average age of a Berkeley College graduate in 2018 is 29.6 years. Just over 31 percent of the graduates entered Berkeley as first time, full-time students; and, more than 82 percent identify as minorities.
A leader in providing career-focused education since 1931, Berkeley College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and enrolls more than 7,100 students – including more than 440 international students – in its Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degree and Certificate programs. Students can study in more than 20 career fields. Berkeley College is comprised of the Larry L. Luing School of Business®, the School of Professional Studies, the School of Health Studies and the School of Liberal Arts. The School of Graduate Studies offers an MBA in Management online and in Woodland Park, NJ.
Berkeley College has three New York campuses – Midtown Manhattan, Brooklyn and White Plains. In New Jersey there are four campuses – Newark, Paramus, Woodbridge and Woodland Park. Berkeley College Online® serves a global population. For five consecutive years, U.S. News & World Report has named Berkeley College among the Best Colleges for Online Bachelor’s Programs and among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs for Veterans. The website address is www.BerkeleyCollege.edu.
- end -
* Denotes students graduating with honors