FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 5, 2015
Contact: Ilene Greenfield
Director of Media Relations
973-278-5400, ext. 1-5122
PASSAIC COUNTY RESIDENTS HONORED AS BERKELEY COLLEGE
SCHOOL OF HEALTH STUDIES PINS GRADUATES
The Berkeley College School of Health Studies recently honored graduates entering the fields of nursing and patient care technology at a pinning ceremony held at Berkeley College in Woodland Park, NJ.
The following graduates from Passaic County, NJ, received pins:
- Juana Cerda of Paterson, Patient Care Technician
- Tiffany Crawford of Paterson, Patient Care Technician
- Kimberly S. Diaz of Passaic, Patient Care Technician
- Brianna Drakeford-Crockett of Paterson, Patient Care Technician
- Jenilynn Gaela of Passaic, Practical Nurse
- Jafreysi Hernandez of Paterson, Patient Care Technician
- Monica Johnson-Wiggins of Paterson, Practical Nurse
- Catherine Lambert of Paterson, Patient Care Technician
- Lesly Martinez of Paterson, Patient Care Technician
- Katherine Paulino of Paterson, Patient Care Technician
- Jurry Rodriguez of Paterson, Practical Nurse
- Penelope Sanchez of Paterson, Patient Care Technician
- Sharlin Sierra of Passaic, Patient Care Technician
- Ana B. Vega-Garzon of Passaic, Patient Care Technician
- Otelia Williams of Paterson, Practical Nurse
- Taylor Williams of Paterson, Patient Care Technician
“Congratulations on entering an exciting and dynamic field,” said Elizabeth Fitzgerald, RN, CCRN, Interim Dean, Berkeley College School of Health Studies. “Advances in science, medical research and technology offer improvements in health and well-being that we never thought possible. All of us at Berkeley College are proud of your commitment to further your education and your chosen career.”
The Berkeley College School of Health Studies was created to provide career-focused education in some of today’s most in-demand healthcare professions – in clinical specializations, as well as healthcare administration and management. Degree and certificate programs have been carefully developed to meet the needs of this important field. Some of the employers with whom Berkeley College nursing and patient care technology students and graduates have conducted internships, clinical rotations or have been hired include Chilton Medical Center, Kessler Institute, Saint Joseph’s Regional Medical Center, Brighton Gardens of Saddle River, Star Pediatric Homecare Agency, and Sunrise of Edgewater.
A leader in providing career-focused education since 1931, Berkeley College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and enrolls approximately 8,000 students – including more than 900 international students – in its Baccalaureate and Associate degree and Certificate programs. Students can study in more than 20 career fields. Berkeley College is comprised of the Larry L. Luing School of Business, the School of Professional Studies, the School of Health Studies, the School of Liberal Arts, and the School of Graduate Studies, which will begin offering a Master of Business Administration degree in Management in September 2015.
Berkeley College has six New Jersey locations – Clifton, Dover, Newark, Paramus, Woodbridge and Woodland Park. In New York there are three locations – Midtown Manhattan, Brooklyn and White Plains. Berkeley College Online® serves a global population. In January 2015, U.S. News & World Report named Berkeley College one of the Best Colleges for Online Bachelor’s Degrees for the second consecutive year. The website address is www.BerkeleyCollege.edu.
Photo Caption (L to R): Susan Such, RN, Practical Nurse and Patient Care Technician programs, Berkeley College School of Health Studies; Otelia Williams; Jurry Rodriguez; Juana Cerda; Jafreysi Hernandez; and Brianna Drakeford-Crockett, all of Paterson; Sharlin Sierra of Passaic; David Wiercinski of Totowa; Jenilynn Gaela of Passaic; and Lesli Miller, RN, CEN, Associate Chair, Patient Care Technician program, Berkeley College School of Health Studies. The graduates received pins from Berkeley College.
- end –
To view a high resolution version of this photo, visit: http://berkeleycollege.edu/press_release_images/WPK_PinningJuly2015_Passaic4and5.jpg