FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 8, 2016
Contact: Ilene Greenfield
Director of Media Relations
973-278-5400, ext. 1-5122
OCEAN COUNTY GRADUATES RECEIVE DIPLOMAS
Graduates from Ocean County, NJ, were awarded diplomas at the 2016 Berkeley College Commencement ceremony, held on April 29, 2016, at Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. The graduating class included 140 military and veteran students and 200 international students. More than 800 students graduated with honors and nearly 400 students earned their degrees online.
“We live in a time where there are many great needs,” Michael J. Smith, President of Berkeley College, told the graduates. “There are people who can use our help – who can use your help. The universe is waiting for all your great works. I’m counting on each and every one of you to make good things happen.”
The following students from Ocean County received diplomas:
- MaryJane Canfield of Toms River, Bachelor of Science in Management
- Sheri Czajkowski* of Bayville, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Miriam Halon of Lakewood, Associate in Applied Science in Interior Design
- Alissa Johnson* of Brick, Bachelor of Science in Fashion Merchandising and Management
- Michelle Kolpak of Barnegat, Bachelor of Science in Management
- Adam Panitch* of New Egypt, Bachelor of Science in Justice Studies - Criminal Justice
- Herder Pisco of Bayville, Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies
- Andriy Shevchuk* of Brick, Associate in Applied Science in Justice Studies - Criminal Justice
- Ashley St. Luce* of Toms River, Bachelor of Science in Health Services Management
- Alyssa Weber* of Jackson, Bachelor of Science in Fashion Merchandising and Management
In honor of the College’s 85th anniversary year, Mildred García, EdD, President of California State University, Fullerton, delivered the Commencement Address. Dr. García served as the first system-wide president of Berkeley College from 2001 through 2007.
* Denotes students graduating with honors
A leader in providing career-focused education since 1931, Berkeley College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and enrolls approximately 8,300 students – including more than 700 international students – in its Baccalaureate and Associate degree and Certificate programs. Students can study in more than 20 career fields. Berkeley College is comprised of the Larry L. Luing School of Business®, the School of Professional Studies, the School of Health Studies, and the School of Liberal Arts. The School of Graduate Studies offers a Master of Business Administration degree in Management online and in Woodland Park, NJ.
Berkeley College has five New Jersey campuses – Dover, Newark, Paramus, Woodbridge and Woodland Park. In New York there are three campuses – Midtown Manhattan, Brooklyn and White Plains. Berkeley College Online® serves a global population. In 2016, U.S. News & World Report named Berkeley College among the Best Colleges for Online Bachelor’s Programs and among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs for Veterans, both for the third consecutive year. The website address is www.BerkeleyCollege.edu.
- end -To view this press release in the News Room click here.