FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MONDAY, JUNE 6, 2016
Contact: Ilene Greenfield
Director of Media Relations
973-278-5400, ext. 1-5122
MONMOUTH COUNTY GRADUATES RECEIVE DIPLOMAS
Graduates from the Monmouth County, NJ, were awarded diplomas at the 2016 Berkeley College Commencement ceremony, held on April 29, 2016, at Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. The graduating class included 140 military and veteran students and 200 international students. More than 800 students graduated with honors and nearly 400 students earned their degrees online.
“We live in a time where there are many great needs,” Michael J. Smith, President of Berkeley College, told the graduates. “There are people who can use our help – who can use your help. The universe is waiting for all your great works. I’m counting on each and every one of you to make good things happen.”
The following students from Monmouth County received diplomas:
- Jeffrey Bloom Leeds* of Millstone Township, Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Diane Braxton* of Asbury Park, Associate in Applied Science in Fashion Merchandising and Management
- Blanca Cajas* of Ocean, Medical Assistant Certificate and Associate in Applied Science in Medical Assistant
- Gary Cummings of Neptune, Bachelor of Science in Health Services Management
- Thomas Genova* of Lincroft, Bachelor of Business Administration in Business Administration
- Thu Ngo* of Matawan, Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Deanna Politte* of Keyport, Bachelor of Science in Fashion Merchandising and Management with a Minor in International Business
- Jamir Reid of Monroe Township, Associate in Applied Science in Justice Studies - Criminal Justice
- Minerva Rios* of Matawan, Bachelor of Science in Justice Studies - Criminal Justice
- Sarah Ruth* of Long Branch, Associate in Applied Science in Justice Studies - Criminal Justice
- Erin Sullivan* of Manalapan, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Yuan Sun* of Manalapan, Bachelor of Business Administration in Management
- Angela Verratti of Morganville, Associate in Applied Science in Fashion Merchandising and Management
- Jillian Vicencio* of Howell, Bachelor of Science in Fashion Merchandising and Management
- Anastasia Yudintseva* of Neptune, Associate in Applied Science in Interior Design
In honor of the College’s 85th anniversary year, Mildred García, EdD, President of California State University, Fullerton, delivered the Commencement Address. Dr. García served as the first system-wide president of Berkeley College from 2001 through 2007.
* Denotes students graduating with honors
A leader in providing career-focused education since 1931, Berkeley College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and enrolls approximately 8,300 students – including more than 700 international students – in its Baccalaureate and Associate degree and Certificate programs. Students can study in more than 20 career fields. Berkeley College is comprised of the Larry L. Luing School of Business®, the School of Professional Studies, the School of Health Studies, and the School of Liberal Arts. The School of Graduate Studies offers a Master of Business Administration degree in Management online and in Woodland Park, NJ.
Berkeley College has five New Jersey campuses – Dover, Newark, Paramus, Woodbridge and Woodland Park. In New York there are three campuses – Midtown Manhattan, Brooklyn and White Plains. Berkeley College Online® serves a global population. In 2016, U.S. News & World Report named Berkeley College among the Best Colleges for Online Bachelor’s Programs and among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs for Veterans, both for the third consecutive year. The website address is www.BerkeleyCollege.edu.
- end -