FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
TUESDAY, MARCH 14, 2017
Contact: Ilene Greenfield
Director of Media Relations
973-278-5400, ext. 1-5122
CENTRAL BRONX HIGH SCHOOL SENIORS
High school students from the central sections of the Bronx, NY, have received scholarships to attend Berkeley College. Each year, these scholarships are awarded to high school seniors who demonstrate a high level of achievement. The scholarships are renewable, based on the recipient’s cumulative grade point average at the end of each academic year and continued enrollment as a full-time student.
“We are very proud of the achievements of these high school students,” said Michael J. Smith, President of Berkeley College. “Supported by their families and schools, they have taken the first important steps on the path toward success. We are counting on these students to make the most of every opportunity to advance their futures through higher education.”
The following students have received scholarships to attend Berkeley College:
- Kate Appiah, Frederick Douglass Academy
- Angela Bonilla, Liberty High School Academy for Newcomers
- Saul Caceres, Bronx Early College Academy for Teaching and Learning
- Blas Dircio, High School for Energy and Technology
- Emily Flores. Bronx Leadership Academy High School
- Kyra Henry, Bronx High School for the Visual Arts
- Nicole Lara, Bronx Leadership Academy High School
- Ivan Lovera, Bronx School of Law and Finance
- Jayda Melendez, Leadership Institute
- Alvin Noorie, High School for Energy and Technology
- Rosvely Perez, Bronx Leadership Academy High School
- Njaraharisoa Ramarolahy, Hostos-Lincoln Academy of Science
- Lauren Rodriguez, Westchester Square Academy
- Bradley Santana, Wings Academy
- Anna Siskos, The Bronx River High School
- Alejandra Taveras, The Marie Curie School for Medicine, Nursing and Health Professions
- Lesley Vivar, Bronx High School for Medical Science
A leader in providing career-focused education since 1931, Berkeley College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and enrolls more than 8,000 students – including more than 550 international students – in its Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degree and Certificate programs. Students can study in more than 20 career fields. Berkeley College is comprised of the Larry L. Luing School of Business®, the School of Professional Studies, the School of Health Studies and the School of Liberal Arts. The School of Graduate Studies offers an MBA in Management online and in Woodland Park, NJ.
Berkeley College has three New York campuses – Midtown Manhattan, Brooklyn and White Plains. In New Jersey there are five campuses – Dover, Newark, Paramus, Woodbridge and Woodland Park. Berkeley College Online® serves a global population. For four consecutive years, U.S. News & World Report has named Berkeley College among the Best Colleges for Online Bachelor’s Programs and among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs for Veterans. The website address is www.BerkeleyCollege.edu.
Photo Caption (L to R): Students Kyra Henry and Nicole Lara; Evan Woodhouse, Associate, High School Admissions, Berkeley College; and students Jayda Melendez, Lauren Rodriguez; Rosvely Perez and Emily Flores. The students, all of the central Bronx, received scholarships to attend Berkeley College.
- end -
To view this press release on the News Room, visit: