FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MONDAY, APRIL 13, 2015
Contact: Ilene Greenfield
Director of Media Relations
973-278-5400, ext. 1-5122
BERKELEY COLLEGE STUDENTS FROM PASSAIC COUNTY PASS
CERTIFIED PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN ASSISTANT EXAM
Residents of Passaic County, NJ, recently passed the Certified Patient Care Technician Assistant (CPCT-A) exam.
“Patient Care Technicians are essential members of the healthcare team, working closely with doctors and nurses in monitoring and caring for patients,” said Katherine Sullivan, PhD, RN, CTN-A, Chair, Practical Nurse and Patient Care Technician programs, Berkeley College School of Health Studies. “We are proud that our graduates are well prepared to work in a fast-paced environment such as the intensive care unit or emergency department.”
The following residents from Passaic County have passed the exam:
- Lady Arias of Woodland Park, graduate of Multi-Level Patient Care Technician program at Berkeley College
- Tiffany Crawford of Paterson, graduate of Multi-Level Patient Care Technician program at Berkeley College
- Alyna Deniza of Haledon, graduate of Multi-Level Patient Care Technician program at Berkeley College
- Catherine Lambert of Paterson, graduate of Multi-Level Patient Care Technician program at Berkeley College
- Jerelena Manuel of Paterson, currently enrolled in Multi-Level Patient Care Technician program at Berkeley College
- Katherine Paulino of Paterson, graduate of Multi-Level Patient Care Technician program at Berkeley College
- Jacquelyn Spear of Oak Ridge, graduate of Multi-Level Patient Care Technician program at Berkeley College
Graduates of the PCT program at Berkeley College are certified in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and are eligible to sit for the CPCT-A exam, as well as the Certified Electrocardiography and Certified Phlebotomy exams. Patient Care Technicians are prepared to work in a variety of healthcare environments, including hospitals, mental health facilities and rehabilitation centers.
The Berkeley College School of Health Studies was created to provide outstanding career-focused education in some of today’s most in-demand healthcare professions. The Patient Care Technician program is offered at Berkeley College locations in Clifton, Dover, Newark and Woodbridge.
A leader in providing career-focused education since 1931, Berkeley College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and enrolls approximately 8,000 students – including more than 900 international students – in its Baccalaureate and Associate degree and Certificate programs. Students can study in more than 20 career fields. Berkeley College is comprised of the Larry L. Luing School of Business, the School of Professional Studies, the School of Health Studies, the School of Liberal Arts, and the School of Graduate Studies in Woodland Park, NJ, which offers a Master of Business Administration degree in Management. Students at Berkeley College benefit from a supportive, flexible, diverse learning environment that connects them with workplace experiences in their areas of study and pathways to dynamic careers.
Berkeley College has six New Jersey locations – Clifton, Dover, Newark, Paramus, Woodbridge and Woodland Park. In New York there are three locations – Midtown Manhattan, Brooklyn and White Plains. Berkeley College Online® serves a global population. In January 2015, U.S. News & World Report named Berkeley College one of the Best Colleges for Online Bachelor’s Degrees for the second consecutive year. The website address iswww.BerkeleyCollege.edu
- end -