FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 26, 2019
Contact: Ilene Greenfield
Media Relations Director
973-278-5400, Ext. 1-5122
BERGEN COUNTY GRADUATES RECEIVE DIPLOMAS
Graduates from Bergen County, NJ, were awarded diplomas at the 2019 Berkeley College Commencement ceremony, held on May 10, 2019, at Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. The average age of the Berkeley College undergraduate receiving an award is 28 years. Just under 39 percent of the graduates entered Berkeley as first time, full-time students; and 84 percent identify as minorities.
“Every one of us at the Berkeley College Commencement ceremony shared the pride of these graduates because we know the difference a college degree will make in their futures, and how the upward mobility of these graduates will impact future generations,” said Michael J. Smith, President of Berkeley College.
The following graduates from Bergen County were awarded diplomas from Berkeley College:
- Kimberly Bartolomucci* of New Milford, Bachelor of Science in Justice Studies – Criminal Justice
- Elizabeth Boby* of Bergenfield, Bachelor of Business Administration in Business Administration – Management
- Nicole Boer of New Milford, Bachelor of Science in Justice Studies – Criminal Justice
- Isabel Camacho* of Bergenfield, Bachelor of Science in Justice Studies – Criminal Justice
- Alvin Cancio of Bergenfield, Surgical Processing Technician Certificate
- Linda Cooke* of Bergenfield, Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
- Levonzell Curtis-Bowles of New Milford, Medical Assistant Certificate
- Remberto DeLeon* of Bergenfield, Bachelor of Business Administration in Health Services Management
- Wilfredo Figueroa of Dumont, Associate in Applied Science in Health Sciences
- Morgan Goldberg* of Dumont, Bachelor of Business Administration in Health Services – Management
- Charlotte McLaughlin of Dumont, Associate in Applied Science in Fashion Merchandising and Management
- Jeremy Mineses of Bergenfield, Associate in Applied Science in Justice Studies – Criminal Justice
- Michael O’Gilvie of Bergenfield, Associate in Applied Science in Justice Studies – Criminal Justice
- Lisa O’Meara of New Milford, Medical Assistant Certificate
- Shawn Sam of Dumont, Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting
- Jonathan Soler* of New Milford, Associate in Applied Science in Financial Services
- Stephanie Titus* of Dumont, Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies
- Yanni Vrakas* of Bergenfield, Associate in Applied Science in Justice Studies – Criminal Justice
The Berkeley College Class of 2019 reflects a diverse population from all walks of life. Many are the first in their families to earn college degrees. Others are not native English-speaking.
A leader in providing career-focused education since 1931, Berkeley College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and enrolls more than 7,000 students – including more than 350 international students – in its Master’s, Bachelor’s, and Associate’s degree and Certificate programs. Students can study in more than 20 career fields. Berkeley College is comprised of the Larry L. Luing School of Business®, the School of Professional Studies, the School of Health Studies and the School of Liberal Arts. The School of Graduate Studies offers an MBA in Management online and in Woodland Park, NJ.
Berkeley College has four New Jersey campuses – Newark, Paramus, Woodbridge and Woodland Park. In New York there are three campuses – Midtown Manhattan, Brooklyn and White Plains. Berkeley College Online® serves a global population. For five consecutive years, U.S. News & World Report has named Berkeley College among the Best Colleges for Online Bachelor’s Programs and among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs for Veterans. The website address is www.BerkeleyCollege.edu.
- end -
* Denotes students graduating with honors