FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 13, 2017
Contact: Zachary Shaw
Senior Media Relations Associate
973-278-5400, ext. 1-1644
WOMEN IN MEDIA: THE COURAGE TO OWN YOUR STORY
Leaders in Media to Speak at Berkeley College on October 18, 2017
In honor of Women’s Entrepreneurship Week, Berkeley College is hosting a special event in at Manhattan, NY, on October 18, 2017, featuring panel discussions with prominent women leaders. Women in Media: The Courage to Own Your Story will discuss how women are shaping the news landscape, how small businesses can stand out by sharing their stories, and how entrepreneurs can develop and protect their digital presence.
WHEN / WHERE:
Wednesday, October 18, 2017
Berkeley College, 12 East 41st Street, Manhattan, NY
8 a.m. – Registration, Breakfast and Networking
8:30 to 10:45 a.m. – Program
11 to 11:45 a.m. – Lunch and Learn Business Workshop
TO REGISTER: This event is open to business and community leaders, aspiring entrepreneurs, and students interested in gaining knowledge and resources to advance their voices through media. While admission to the event is free, registration is required and space is limited.
Click here to register for this event. For more information about attending, please contact Kelly Depsee, Associate Director, Communications and External Relations, Berkeley College, at KME@BerkeleyCollege.edu.
- Melissa DeRosa, Secretary to New York State Governor Andrew M. Cuomo
- Dena Bateh, PhD, Professor, Management, Berkeley College Larry L. Luing School of Business®
- Marla Diamond, Reporter and Anchor, WCBS Newsradio 880
- Jenna Flanagan, Host/Reporter, “MetroFocus,” WLIW21 for WNET
- Bernadine Han, Group Vice President, Spectrum Networks
- Angela Harrington, Vice President, Communications and External Relations, Berkeley College
- Jill Kaplan, Vice President and Publisher, Crain’s New York Business
- Cristyne Nicholas, CEO, Nicholas & Lence Communications
- Hilary Russ, Municipal Bond and Public Finance Reporter, Reuters
- Gail Smith, Managing Director, Impacto Latino
- Monica C. Smith, CEO and Founder, Marketsmith Inc.
- Amy Soricelli, Vice President, Career Services, Berkeley College
- Lisa Voyticki, New York City Reporter, NY1 News
- Christal Young, Fashion Correspondent, FOX 5 New York
- Elana Zolfo, EdD, Dean, Berkeley College Larry L. Luing School of Business®
SHARE ON SOCIAL MEDIA: @BerkeleyCollege #WEW2017
MEDIA CONTACT: Press inquiries can be directed to Zachary Shaw, Senior Media Relations Associate, Communications and External Relations, Berkeley College, at Zachary-Shaw@BerkeleyCollege.edu or 973-278-5400, EXT. 1-1644.
- End -
To view a high-resolution version of the above graphic, click here.