FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
FRIDAY, JUNE 3, 2016
Contact: Ilene Greenfield
Director of Media Relations
973-278-5400, ext. 1-5122
BERGEN COUNTY GRADUATES FROM BERGENFIELD, DUMONT AND
NEW MILFORD RECEIVE DIPLOMAS FROM BERKELEY COLLEGE
Graduates from Bergenfield, Dumont and New Milford were awarded diplomas at the 2016 Berkeley College Commencement ceremony, held on April 29, 2016, at Prudential Center in Newark, NJ. The graduating class included 140 military and veteran students and 200 international students. More than 800 students graduated with honors and nearly 400 students earned their degrees online.
“We live in a time where there are many great needs,” Michael J. Smith, President of Berkeley College, told the graduates. “There are people who can use our help – who can use your help. The universe is waiting for all your great works. I’m counting on each and every one of you to make good things happen.”
The following students from Bergen County received diplomas:
- John Cedeno*+ of Bergenfield, Bachelor of Science in Management - Entrepreneurship
- Edgar Dimaren of Bergenfield, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Gabriela Garcia of New Milford, Associate in Applied Science in Business Administration - Management
- Shanelle Gonzalez of Dumont, Bachelor of Science in Fashion Merchandising and Management
- Jonathan LaBianca* of Dumont, Bachelor of Science in Justice Studies - Criminal Justice
- Walter Lopez of Bergenfield, Bachelor of Science in Management
- Eliana Martinez of Bergenfield, Associate in Applied Science in Fashion Merchandising and Management
- Danielle Payne* of Bergenfield, Surgical Processing Technician Certificate
- Alexicc Roberson of New Milford, Associate in Applied Science in Interior Design
- Mauricio Rodriguez of New Milford, Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Lawrence Wiese Jr.* of Dumont, Associate in Applied Science in Interior Design
- Violeta Zarate-Gonzalez of Bergenfield, Associate in Applied Science in Justice Studies - Criminal Justice
* Denotes students graduating with honors
+ Denotes graduates of the Honors Program, a selective, interdisciplinary and seminar-based educational opportunity offered to a limited number of high-achieving students
In honor of the College’s 85th anniversary year, Mildred García, EdD, President of California State University, Fullerton, delivered the Commencement Address. Dr. García served as the first system-wide president of Berkeley College from 2001 through 2007.
A leader in providing career-focused education since 1931, Berkeley College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education and enrolls approximately 8,300 students – including more than 700 international students – in its Baccalaureate and Associate degree and Certificate programs. Students can study in more than 20 career fields. Berkeley College is comprised of the Larry L. Luing School of Business®, the School of Professional Studies, the School of Health Studies, and the School of Liberal Arts. The School of Graduate Studies offers a Master of Business Administration degree in Management online and in Woodland Park, NJ.
Berkeley College has five New Jersey campuses – Dover, Newark, Paramus, Woodbridge and Woodland Park. In New York there are three campuses – Midtown Manhattan, Brooklyn and White Plains. Berkeley College Online® serves a global population. In 2016, U.S. News & World Report named Berkeley College among the Best Colleges for Online Bachelor’s Programs and among the Best Online Bachelor’s Programs for Veterans, both for the third consecutive year. The website address is www.BerkeleyCollege.edu.
- end -
To view a copy of this release in the News Room click here.